The little known benefits of masturbation:
1. Promote the release of endorphins, the neurotransmitters associated with happy feelings that can improve overall mood and fight off depression.
2. Produce a chemical called oxytocin, which works as a natural pain reliever.
3. Help reduce headaches and muscle aches.
4. Relieve stress and tension and aid relaxation after a stressful day.
5. Provide a sexual outlet for people who are on their own, by choice or circumstance.
6. Help to induce sleep, or conversely, help to start the day with more energy.
7. Improve the immune system and contribute to overall health.
8. Strengthen muscle tone in the genital and pelvic floor area, which can lead to better sex.
9. Keep you free from sexual transmitted infections as it’s the safest kind of sex.
10. Help people who suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), a neurological disorder causing leg pain, cramps, tingling and itching, (published in the medical journal Sleep Medicine). Several doctors in the US have had confirmation from their patients that it helps.
11. Translate into better sex as stimulating each other at the same time is intimate and rewarding. People often masturbate into old age.
Possible health benefits for women:
1. Combats pre-menstrual tension and other physical conditions associated with the menstrual cycle, such as cramps.
2. Relieves painful menstruation by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region; which will also reduce pelvic cramping and related backaches.
3. Builds resistance to yeast infections.
4. Allows women to explore and understand their bodies better, so they will know what they like when they have sex with a partner.
Possible health benefits for men:
1. May help combat premature ejaculation by training to last longer; it’s easier to practise control when on your own.
2. Regular flushing of the system keeps semen healthy.
3. Frequent masturbation helps in preventing the development of prostate cancer. Cancer-causing chemicals can build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly.
Maybe it’s a good idea to make masturbation part of your health routine and have fun at the same time.
— Of course the best reason is it feels good to get off